Saturday, December 3, 2011

Succubus fashionwear


 The process I went through in redesigning the outfit for a succubus character, Ista. Her previous design was, uh, not so much an outfit as a random collection of weird jewelry. I wanted her new design to be more unique, and I wanted to stay away from the cliche lingerie/bondage gear you see in so much fantasy art of succubi.

1.) I started out with a pretty boring design. I think it was supposed to be a flame-inspired halter top. Then I started watching Thor.

2.) After watching Thor on DVD, I really liked the design aesthetic they had going on. I wanted to try a more geometric outfit, with gold as the primary color.

3.) I wanted the outfit to be skimpy and not completely solid. I also didn't mind if it was completely impossible to create in real life: this is a vain, shape-shifting succubus, and if she wants a show-offy outfit, she's gonna have one. (The 2nd and 3rd designs feel faintly cyberpunk to me for some reason.)

4.) I decided I liked the look of the interlapping plates. Ta-da, final succubus swimsuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment