Thursday, June 28, 2012

Moar Transformers!

More human versions of characters from "Transformers Prime". I tried to do Megatron, but for some reason I just wasn't happy with the way he came out, so this is as far as I got. I think it's because his face was hard to reinterpret as a human: as a robot, his helmet makes his head look wide, but his "cheekbones" are high and sharp, and his muzzle area is fairly narrow.


My troubles with Optimus stem from the fact that heroes just aren't quite as much fun to draw as villains. You have to play them straight, and can't do weird things with their anatomy or they start looking less heroic. I just couldn't bring myself to give Optimus a tiny little Bruce Timm waist and huge hulking chest, so this is as much as I could manage. (His hair was probably the next most difficult thing, since as a robot he has none, and his helmet doesn't really lend itself to suggestions.)


In the end, I went with what I hope is an ex-military feel to Optimus: stern, strict, powerful, and possessed of immense discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment