Sunday, June 17, 2012

Transformers!

So, been kind of a slow few weeks. Been a bit art-blocked and working on other non-drawing/painting projects. I also finally got around to watching a few "Transformers Prime" episodes for the first time recently, and liked what I'd seen so much I ran out and bought the first season on DVD.

LOVE.

I was never a fan of the original Transformers. I didn't hate it; I just never watched it. (I was more into He-man, She-ra, and the Ninja Turtles.) But this new series is amazing: amazing designs, amazing voice acting, amazing animation, scripting, etc. Also, I've decided that my favorite character is Starscream. There's just something about the "magnificent bastard" kind of character that I can't get enough of (it may also have something to do with Steve Blum's voice work). 

Anyway, I've never really attempted to draw mecha or robots, so I decided that for my first attempt at TFP fan art, I'd do a humanized Starscream. His robot face was really easy to reimagine as flesh, because he just has the coolest facial proportions ever. I've seen some people redraw him looking way too bishie and young, which really doesn't appeal to me. So I decided to make him look a bit older, deadly, and conniving.

Also...I can't draw dudes without drawing them naked first. It just...happens. :'D



No comments:

Post a Comment